Merch wrote:You have to first create the custom field (use the same name you used with your previous TL install) then do your import.
Thanx for your answer, but I created the custom field, and it didn't work
1. create a project (project_example)
2. define a custom field (name: 'note', label: 'try to add notes here', type: string, available for: test case, any other set yes)
3. assign custom field 'note' to 'project_example'
4. edit test cases -> new child test suite -> created a test_suite_example without any keywords
5. update tree, and click on the test suite
6. clicked on import test cases button
7. I created a custom.xml like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<value><![CDATA[my first own note]]></value>
(I tried to clear CDATA tags, tried to set summary, steps, expectedresults field, and tried the "tl-file-formats.pdf" file's Example-XML-with custom fields file with my own custom field -> it didn't work too)
8. When I tried to upload custom.xml file in "Import test cases" menu, I got the following error message:
Import TestCase data : MyOwn : OK
Import TestCase data : MyOwn : Value of Custom Field 'note' can not be imported because there is no Custom Field with this name and Available for Test Case on this Test Project
As I said, it worked in RC3 well. Thanks for any help.